Some people approaching working out as a chore. Something to check off the to do list. A ‘must do’. What if you changed your mindset? What if you looked at an hour at the gym as fun, the part of your day where you get to play? It may sound like we’ve lost our minds, but we promise, we’re not crazy. There are lots of great ways to get your heart rate up and have a fun at the same time.
Fun Ways to Get Your Heart Rate Up
- MyZone. MyZone is a great app/website to help keep you motivated as it tracks your efforts through heart rate monitoring. Earn badges. Join with friends and climb the ranks. It’s the perfect fitness motivational tool for those of us with a competitive side.
- Water therapy. Get in the water and get your heart pumping. Water activities are fun, get the blood flowing and best of all, they’re low impact, making them a great choice for people with joint issues. Splash your way to better fitness.
- Yoga. Take the ‘zen’ approach and stretch those muscles while improving strength and flexibility. Your heart will thank you.
- Jam out! Music is a great motivator. Dance, walk, run, and swing your hips to the beat. No mater what you do, feel the rhythm and let it help you move.
- Workout with friends. Join a class together or make new friends. You’re all in the same boat. You want to be more fit and have fun. A group atmosphere where you cheer each other on makes exercise more enjoyable.
Better Bodies can help you get fit, strengthen your body, make and maintain realistic fitness goals, and most importantly, have fun! With a variety of classes you’re sure to find an activity you love. Remember, it’s not a chore, it’s the lively and entertaining part of your day.